I was having one of those late night cravings and just felt like making a quiche. This is a really simple recipe that you can easily make your own by using the ingredients that you have readily available in your fridge.
5 eggs (3 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks)
1 cup of homogenous milk
1 frozen pie crust or tart crust (9 inches round)
pinch sea salt
ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
3 strips of chopped prosciutto
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1) Follow the instructions on the frozen pie crust and pre-bake it for quiche. Once it’s baked leave it so it cools for about 5- 10 minutes.
2) Once the crust has cooled, place the sweet onion, prosciutto and swiss cheese on the pie crust.
3) Preheat the oven to 350’F.
4) Place the eggs and milk in the mixing bowl and beat with a whip until their incorporated and season with salt and pepper. *I did a generous pinch of sea salt when I made my quiche.
5) Place the quiche in the oven and let it bake for about 30 minutes or until you see the quiche puff up a bit in the oven. You’ll know it’s ready when it puffs up.
Once the quiche is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 5 mintues before serving.
See, wasn’t that easy? You can of course use other ingredients then the ones I suggested and put your own little twist to your quiche. Keep in mind that I suggest you chop your ingredients to small pieces so it cooks faster in your quiche.